[buildgear-devel] Added new build files repository 'cross-qt' which contains support for QT4/QT5

Martin Lund martin.lund at keep-it-simple.com
Wed Apr 24 08:19:14 MDT 2013

Hi all,

Just made public our cross-qt build files repository which contains
support for QT4 and QT5. You can find the repository here:

https://github.com/mini-distribution/cross-qt

To use it simply add it as a git submodule next to the other cross
submodules in your board repository.

Please notice, that if you want to be able to compile all the QT5
modules you will have to overlay the qtbase build with your own build
containing support for opengl (glesv2/egl) because some QT5 modules do
simply not compile without opengl support. This could be a QT5 bug but
I'm not sure and haven't investigated further. Regardless, you will want
to enable opengl/glesv2/egl to get a decent performance for your
particular board.

If you are wondering what the difference is between a non-opengl
(linuxfb) and opengl qtbase configuration is, then you can find the
basic difference in this commit:

https://github.com/mini-distribution/cross-qt/commit/66c25088ed6dab0dac70eaa900c622069dc49656

Until recently we used the rather large single QT5 everywhere tarball
but with help from Jesper we have now migrated to the use of the newly
introduced split QT5 component tarballs. For many use cases this
drastically reduces the total build time.

QT4 does not provide split tarballs so it will continue to be a large
single build.

Have fun :)

/Martin