[buildgear-devel] Source downloading failed from private github repo

Martin Lund martin.lund at keep-it-simple.com
Thu Aug 7 05:12:38 MDT 2014

On 2014-08-07 10:26, Qing Jin wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your clarify.
>
> If it is not good idea to download private github tarballs, i am
> wondering if it is possible to add sources directly to buildgear. I
> came up with a idea that adding the git clone command directly in the
> build() function. For example:
>
> build() {
>      git clone https://<username>:<password>@example.com/myrepo.git
> <http://example.com/myrepo.git>
>      cd myrepo
>      git checkout branch
>      configure/make etc..
> }
>
> How does it look?

It's perfectly fine - if you want to use git thats the way to do it for
now until buildgear gets native git download support (see
http://buildgear.org/pipermail/buildgear-devel_buildgear.org/2014-July/000085.html).

However, I would recommend not hardcoding any username/password in your
buildfiles and instead simply rely on your ssh keys so that no
username/password is required.

/Martin